Friday, August 14, 2009

Aah, the feeling of the good ol' days



Trendists have been talking about a return to nostalgia in marketing. In these times of uncertainty and stress, consumers are seeking comfort and a little escape. A few months ago, I brought Beatles lunchboxes into a brainstorm and everyone was intrigued. When I wondered whether we would see a resurgence in lunchboxes, there were scoffs. But just this week, my associate Sharon showed me an adorable pink leather custom-made "lunchbox" she purchased on Esty for her niece. Of course, it's not really for lunch. Just another sign of the retro nostalgia trend at work.

Funny. I'm writing this on the day of a major nostalgic cultural moment--the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. The very generation that grew up on Quake and Quisp! (I never knew Quaker made a cereal called Quake!)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home